Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Golden Rule

My brother in law posted this on our family website and I think it is really sad what our world has come to.

I have a very hard time listening to Democrats claim that everyone should get behind the president after the way they have divided the country and slandered Bush for the last 8 years. They didn't care that constantly threatening to pull out of Iraq made pacifying Iraq impossible. Obama and everyone else knows that its the hack job on Bush that got him elected. So I really don't think that Obama and particlularly Biden, Reid and the rest, can honestly expect the other half of the country to treat Obama any differently than they treated Bush. Not, of course, that we shouldn't. But I would remind them at every opportunity that that's not what they did.

A former Kerry Campaign legal intern writing in the WSJ today:

"The treatment President Bush has received from this country is nothing less than a disgrace. The attacks launched against him have been cruel and slanderous, proving to the world what little character and resolve we have. The president is not to blame for all these problems. He never lost faith in America or her people, and has tried his hardest to continue leading our nation during a very difficult time.
Our failure to stand by the one person who continued to stand by us has not gone unnoticed by our enemies. It has shown to the world how disloyal we can be when our president needed loyalty -- a shameful display of arrogance and weakness that will haunt this nation long after Mr. Bush has left the White House."

I totally agree with this. I wish McCain would have won I would feel a lot better about the future but now we just need to make due. So I will support Obama even though I don't want to. But I think we need to show the world we are UNITED!

12 comments:

Camille said...

I agree with you 100% Michelle! I am sadden by Obama's win, but not like I didn't think it would happen. I knew it would end like this! I am worried about the direction our country will head. I think we will be degraded morally. Hopefully some better political paths will happen as well. But gear up for a shaky 4 years!
GET YOUR FOOD STORAGE IN LINE! :)

Chellie said...

Thanks for sharing that. It was great.. and I totally agree with that statement.
I'm worried for the next 4 years and I'm not happy about it, but will do my part in trying to keep America unified.

Nan said...

All I can say is I'm a little scared but at least they didn't take the Senate!

Heidi said...

That is a very good point and I am glad I read this. I feel like a better person for supporting Obama (only because he won) because it is the kind of thing Democrats could never do.

Anonymous said...

I agree with you Shell, Obama will unify this nation like no other president has before. We are extremely lucky that he won to bail us out of all the problems we are currently in. We as a nation have been too greedy and we will pay dearly for it. YES WE CAN!!!!!

The Roe Family said...

Scotty J-
You are dead I totally know you wrote that! Watch your back cause I'm coming after you!

Anonymous said...

I believe that Obama will lead this country back to prosperity with a little bit of my help. I'm sorry that the election didn't turn out as you would have hoped! It's time you make the CHANGE and turn Obamican.

Anonymous said...

Laura was looking at your blog and told me that you thought I wrote something. Michelle, I'm sorry that you have a democrat on your blog, I can't believe not everyone thinks like us.

Alex said...

Michelle, I am glad you are willing to support Obama with me. Our country needs every citizen regardless of their "stripes" right now, to do everything we can to work toward getting the US in a better place, economically and otherwise. Maybe you and I can find a way to encourage our local leaders to push for Nevada to become part of the solution with solar, wind, hydrogen jobs, etc. During the Depression, we built the Hoover Dam here, and that created thousands of jobs and left an amazing national landmark that still solves the energy needs of the west even today. We can do something like this again. Americans have a pioneering, we can solve it spirit. I pray that will prevail so we can avoid a credit/bankruptcy crisis like the current lending crisis, b/c that would sink us deeper into recession, regardless of who is at the helm in the White house. If anything, these times are getting everyone more involved, motivated and interested. That has got to be a good thing. If the years ahead turn out to be a "refiners" fire, I hope America will be better for it in the end. Like Gold!

Halaufia's said...

Hey Michelle,

I found you while I was "snooping" around the blogs. Long time, but I am so glad that you are doing great!

I miss those ole' High School Days!
Take Care Lady!

Lindsay Griffeth said...

I COMPLETELY agree. So I'll support Obama with ya, too. Even though he wasn't my first choice, either!

Tauna said...

great post...and I agree with you. We may not like it but he's our president now

How ya holding up with mike gone? To bad we couldn't have all gone. oh well.....at least we'll see each other for Thanksgiving. whoo hooo- I'm getting excited!