Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine Kisser


At the Richards' household Valentines day was another holiday. In the morning we would wake up to find treasures at the foot of our bed. When we were little I remember getting jewelry boxes, then as we got older we got jewelry I remember getting a pair of diamond earrings (I'm hoping they were fake cause I don't know where they are). Then when I was at college I got big packages with food and candy one year I got a new flat iron. These gifts were from the Valentine Kisser! This year the boys got new bath toys. I'm to lazy to take a picture but they were excited to wake up and find toys. (more connor than chase) I love this tradition.

10 comments:

Ashlie said...

OH YEAH! The Valentine Kisser-I remember him:). Funny. Way to keep up with the traditions mitch:)>

Chellie said...

So cute! I love that my parents always did fun things for holidays too... and it's been so great to do them for my own kids!
You are a cute mom! Great idea with the bath toys! You can never have too many of them!

Heidi said...

My mom always gave us fun little gifts and candy for V-day too- in fact she still does. This year I got a purse- hurray. Anyway, more than anything, once I have kids, I am excited to make heart shaped pancakes for breakfast and have all red foods for dinner- jello, spaghetti, punch, (messy, ha ha)etc. Ben is not very into this holiday so I will go all out with the kids ;-)

Lexi Ray said...

Oh, your Mom and Dad are the greatest. What a great tradition you guys had and what a great mom to pass that on to your boys. Love ya Alexis

Lindsay Griffeth said...

That's a great idea! Holidays are MUCH more fun with kiddos old enough to get it!

Brandon, McKell & Ryker said...

We always for things inside baloons and tide to the door, like rings or earings or something simple. That is fun. It's always great to carry on family traditions.

Nan said...

Oh,that is so cute! Well, welcome to the Roe family where the smaller holiday's are more forgotten than remembered. It's a good thing all you sil's have great ideas of your own. I hope your hubby's did something fun for you since you didn't mention anything.

MiandMiksmom said...

Oh, what a fun idea!!! I am totally starting the Valentine Kisser!

JO said...

What a great idea, I would love to do that for our kids. Thanks for sharing.

Camille said...

I got my kids just the little heart shaped boxes of chocolates, but that is a really cute tradition. We'll have to start doing something like that. Carlaya really needs a jewlery box- Why didn't I think of it then!
Glad to hear you had fun at the Phantom. I love going to shows!
Thanks for coming out, we love seeing you guys!!