Saturday, February 9, 2008

I love Mike's family and think they are all really intelligent. This is one his brothers points of view.
I have listened a little bit to a few of the yak shows on TV. I don't think I can take Hillary or Obama in the White House. It will do us no good no matter what Rush says. Internationally they will be able to do a lot of damage with how they would run the State, Defense & CIA Dept and much of that will not be able to be corrected easily in 2012. We do not need a 4 year democratic witch hunt with a Dem in the White House sacking the Iraq war effort. McCain would will not damage the war effort and we all know that he will not last for 8 years. Social issues can wait for 4 years. Romney will still have an excellent chance in 2012 after 4 years of McCain and be in a better position to be successful. Remember he will inherit what a Hillary or Obama would leave and have to deal with it. Why make the toughest job in the world next to impossible for Romney to turn around in the 4 short years before he would be up for re-election? If there are still primary's out there vote for Romney but a vote for Romney in the General is a vote for Hillary/Obama. Romney said in his CPAC speech that there was much he didn't agree with McCain on but the war was not one of them. It was the reason he stated for suspending his campain. He trusted McCain with the war effort. We can still win in Iraq with 4 more years of a President committed to win. We will lose 7 years of blood, gold and an untold number of personal sacrifices made by US troops AND their families if Hillary or Obama pull the troops the first of '09. That kind of defeat will not go away anytime soon. Romney will never get a chance to finish it over there. Once we pull out we'll never go back. Reading the Book of Mormon lately has really made me think about the God given right for Freedom & Liberty. There is a lot at stake - more than politics with how things go in Iraq. Look at the growth the church has had in the far east - It can happen in the middle east as well. They need Freedom and as a Country we have sacrificed way to much to walk away from an unfinished job and leave all of those people the way we left Vietnam. Go McCain!
I love hearing what other people think so leave a comment on your views of this.

10 comments:

Chellie said...

I agree with you 100%. Posted a similar thing on my own blog. I forwarded Romney's speech to many that I know would read it and understand it. Romney is urging us to vote for McCain.
I had responses about how they will not vote for McCain...etc. I think they are wrong.
At some point they have got to get over the fact that Romney is NOT an option this year. So move on and do as Romney has asked. Vote for McCain.

The Roe Family said...

i guess i should make clear that this is not how i feel. this is mike's brother. just wanted other peoples opinions.

Nan said...

Like I responded to Dusty on the family web. It is going to take a lot for me to soften on this and in the end I may (probably not) vote for McCain. But there is no way I will ever be saying "Go McCain!" That is going way to far. Yes, he is the big bro(Dusty) and we tend to take a lot of what he says to heart but this is going a little too far for me.

MiandMiksmom said...

hmmmm...thanks for sharing this. It really gives me a lot to think about, but I just can't bring myself to vote for McCain right now. Romney wants a Republican to win, but I'm sure he wouldn't choose McCain if there were a better option...what else can he do? I think it makes sense that McCain can only last a term in office and Romney can come back then. By backing out, he offered good will and people will remember that. I don't think that he did it to push the votes toward McCain. He really had no other option. I am not going to get over the fact that Romney is not an option. It's going to take some time because it has left me really not knowing who to vote for. I might just write his name in for the principle of it. Anyway, feelings are strong. I don't think anyone is wrong. I just think everyone has their own opinions on it...and that's the beauty of it all.

MiandMiksmom said...

Okay, as if I didn't already leave a long enough comment, but I have really learned something about the whole "write in for Romney" for all of us that are having a hard time now that he's gone. It is a vote for Hillary (or Obama) so I need to be ready to face that if I throw away my vote by writing in Romney on principle alone. If that's the case, it might be important enough to vote for McCain just on Iraq alone (and the fact that he's a so-called Republican) and be ready for an easier clean-up in four years on home-issues than if a democrat is in the office and the clean up will involve a lot more than that. Anyway, thanks for sharing this and for making me really think about things! Sometimes my mommy brain needs some good debating on important issues, not which detergent is better and on sale this week. ;)

Chellie said...

I guess I should say, I agree with Dusty 100% then. I didn't realize you were writing from someone else's standpoint.
Don't get me wrong, I am sad to see Romney go, but I also would like to see someone in the White House that has my same views about the war in Iraq.
As much as I'd like to write in "Romney" on the ballet, it is a vote wasted. Yes, there is principle to it, but America is at stake here (the war) and I can't stand to think Hillary or Barrack will have control of the White House.
I'm not implying everyone needs to put on their cheerleading outfits with McCain across the front, I'm saying that people need to look at the big picture AND there is a BIG picture.
Romney doesn't want to see a Dem in the White House and we shouldn't either, nor should we waste a critical vote to make sure that doesn't happen.

robin said...

OK but McCain has a weird growth on the side of his face and his wife looks like a grandma Barbie doll! But most important he hasn't shown up at my front porch to kiss my hiney yet!

Anonymous said...

Robin, I was thinking the same thing only afraid to say it! Thanks for laying it on the table. Great blog Michelle.

Katie and Jeff Wood said...

Hey Michelle!
It is great to run across your cute blog. What an adorable family you have =). I hope all is well!
Katie

Kevin and Natali McKee said...

I haven't decided what to do yet. I do know that Hilary's views on Health Care are scary. She wants to make it so you have to show proof of insurance before you can even get a job. Everyone has to have it or be fined. I still need to research, but I am reminded of a movie, "Choose the lesser of two Weevils" (Evils) so I will have to go with whatever candidate has the most of my values.