Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Update

Our Christmas was great. I don't feel like uplaoding the picutres, but it was wonderful. Mike went skiing and snowboarding. Connor got the bike he always wanted. Chase got a carseat. I had so much fun being with family and friends. I love Utah and hope someday soon to return/live there. We all came home sick though. We all have little colds. Chase is the worst and on the 21st he is going to get tubes put in his ears cause he has had an infection for 3months. For New Year's we went to a party at the Patrick's...too much good food and lots of fun. We are having a hard time readjusting to normal life. Mike went back to work today and I feel a little lonely. This sunday I start my new calling which is ward chorister! Funny huh? I can picture it now me on the stand bright red trying not to laugh leading the congregation in song. AHH! I've never lead before so this should be interesting. Next week I start piano lessons again and Anthropologie so good luck to us. Hope you all a wonderful Christmas and a happy New Year!

11 comments:

familyof4 said...

I could not stop laughing when I read the conducting part. You'll do a Great job up there! I'm just glad it's you and not me because I don't do well in big crowds and would probably pass out.

Lindsay Griffeth said...

Glad you had fun in Utah! Just don't look at anyone that you know while you're up there conducting and you might be able to keep a straight face. :)

I agree with you on the being lonely at home. Now that it's just me and Nate again it's kinda strange!

Tauna said...

HI there! Long time no see! It was so fun to spend some time with you. Your a trooper to let mike go skiing two days in a row though. so sorry that the kids are sick. hope they get feeling better quick. So is your christmas all put away yet? I have to admit that it's nice to get back on a schedual. I can imagine how hard that is for you to leave and go back home... I know you love it here. I know you also love being with your family. Keep smiling you'll feel better shortly... love ya,

Heidi said...

I didn't know you taught piano lessons. Cool stuff. Glad you had a good time in Utah!

MiandMiksmom said...

I totally know what you mean about being away from family/Utah AND having the husband go back to work...a little depressing!

I'm glad you had fun!

Oh, and in one of the very few times I have not been in Young Women, I was called to be the ward chorister...that seriously lasted about two months. The Bishop was super-nice about my inability to pull it off and found something else for me! Hee, hee...I had totally forgotten about that until now.

The Baker said...

I will be in the back cracking up at you......I can't wait!

M said...

Poor little Chase. I hope it gets better.
It was fun to read about your Christmas. Ryan and I both wish we could go to Utah and ski/snowboard so we are a little jealous.
Good luck on being chorister. I used to be relief society chorister and nobody ever looks at you anyway, so don't worry too much.

Nan said...

We loved having you. Sorry you guys are sick! Too many germs in closed spaces will do that to you. Plus I think you guys get spoiled down in Vegas never getting the really bad colds. How are the eyes?

Laura Lu said...

Okay Shell we totally miss you guys and wish you lived here. We are going to plan a little trip down there ASAP. Probably this spring forsure! I hope Chase is feeling better, and I know those tubes will totally help. Love you ~Lars

Tauna said...

howdy! just wanted to drop you a line and say hi! so how is everyone feeling now? I hope everyone is feeling good. and by the way.... You need to post some new pics!!!! I want to see more!!

Andrus Family said...

Hey, we thought you did great on Sunday! That was the first time I ever paid attention to the person leading!